Friday 9 May 2014

Final Proposal, New Title



Even though I liked my origonal title Kieran Cashell suggested to me to change it because people wouldn't take my project seriously and he was dead right. So my new and improved Title is Capturing the mundane this ties in with the research I did about flashbulb memories. My object drawings in a sense are like a snapshot of a moment passed.




Capturing the Mundane



Exploration of memory and how it’s intrinsically linked with objects. Unconsciously we give these inanimate things depth and resonance by associating them with something meaningful. For this project I recorded my everyday experiences in one sentence below objects that were there but don’t directly relate to them thus embodying these objects with new meaning and memory. The experiences I recorded are so mundane that were I not to make art about them, they would never remain a memory. I’m interested in the fact that we can’t fully trust our memories; they are influenced and changed over time by our experiences, become layered and hazy. Through my work I was able to explore my own experiences just after they happened, when they first turned into a memory, fresh and unaltered by the brain. It’s been important for me to do this project because I know how fleeting and fragile memory can be, it’s the aspect about it that interests me the most and I want to record it before it’s gone even if it’s not worth recording.


No comments:

Post a Comment