Monday 15 October 2012

My bus station people

Because I spend a lot of time in bus stations due to the lack of a car and not being able to use one I started to look at how people occupied the space there.


Same photo of Bus Aras in Dublin I blocked out the area around with white acyrlic-
would you still know it was taken at a bus station?


Working from the same photo I put masking tape down on paper in strips drew a line drawing of just the crowd over it tore the masking tape off and put them together so you see fragments of the people like on a busy city street. the guy at the fronts face stretched was just to try and convey movement,



 Here I traced over my original line drawing then worked onto it with thread picking people out of the crowd.

I then erased the rest of the crowd.





In the 3D studies seminar Elaine showed us David Olivera's line drawings with wire which I thought were really interesting so I decided to experiment with it myself. Using one piece of wire to make the line of silhouettes in different sizes I then layered them over each other.


 At a bus station we're all waiting in the one place but we're going different ways.
 Elaine talked about paper sculptors at the 3d lecture as well and I saw on her tumblr page sculptures done by Peter Callesan just with paper and a scalpel he had people popping up off the sheet running away from a fire so I decided to do it with my people at the bus station on a printed map.

















No comments:

Post a Comment