Wednesday 10 October 2012

Being a passenger

I go home on the bus on a friday and get drove down here (thanks Mammy)  to Limerick on a sunday so  being a passenger I don't have to focus on not getting hit my an articulated lorry I get to take in my space as it changes. Sunday I decided to document that change in my sketchbook.


I started doing Little drawings I'd look draw what was in front of me at the time look up again draw the new view so I had a lot of scribbly drawings on one page which as you can see don't really look much like anything:


 I thought that looked pretty awful so I decided instead  draw what I saw in front of me all on top of each other like an over exposed photograph...but scrawlier.


This one we'd pulled in  at tescos when we we parked parts of people walking by, everything that I could see.



Halfway to Limerick I switched to pen and I think it looks a lot better and I'd like to do one of these as an etching.






No comments:

Post a Comment