Saturday 5 January 2013

Artists Statement

My project really started off as the difference between countryside and City, I also looked at how we're interect with our own body (contagion), how people interact in crowds and journeys which became a big part of my project. Through the last few months I've just experiment with the idea of mapping a space paying particular emphasis to people and crowds how when were are in a space we are connected to the other people in that space even if its only for a little while we share that space. I've mapped my own movements through space with quick sketchings of my journey from home to limerick and that of the people in my studio with the lifesize silhouettes. I've looked at limerick as a space through maps and I even made maps of my own with photograms, thread and shadows.
I'm glad that I focused on maps in the end as being central to my project, I really enjoyed working with them and I've learned a lot from doing this project the last few months..not just  exactly where foxes bow is.

No comments:

Post a Comment